50 Non-Character Birthday Party Themes for 1 Year Old Boy
Planning for your baby’s first birthday party can be so exhausting and exciting at the same time. Here is a list of unique non-character birthday party themes for 1 year old boy.
My youngest recently celebrated his first birthday. It was an intimate outdoor party since we didn’t want to put everyone at risk of Covid-19. There was a playground a few meters away from the picnic shelter so it was perfect for kids and convenient for parents.
We had a construction site birthday theme party. Choosing the birthday party theme for my 1 year old baby boy was non-debatable. Why? Because my kids are obsessed with trucks.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I bought some really good finds on Amazon like birthday and photo banners, balloons and stand. That said, I received a lot of compliments for the photo banner. I love to take monthly birthday photos of my baby so I hung them for viewing. Everybody loved it.
Related post: Unique and Classic Party Themes for Baby Boy First Birthday
5 Things to Help You Choose Birthday Party Theme
Whether you are a DIY, Pinterest or Amazon mom, conceptualizing and planning for a baby’s first birthday is a lot to think about. The first question you need to address is what will your theme be.
Once you are decided with the theme, everything else will follow. One checkbox leads to another so expect to think of lots of ideas and changes along the way. But if you really can’t decide what your theme will be, consider one of these things.
- Birthday season: What season does your baby’s birthday month fall? You can definitely go outdoors and think of water or nature theme and activities if it’s in the summer. Likewise, if the weather falls on autumn or winter, you can do snow, Christmas or Halloween themes.
- Baby’s Interest: What does your baby want to play with? Is there a show that keeps him occupied and makes him giggle? Just thinking of what your baby’s interests are will give you a list of themes to consider.
- Budget: This is one big factor to consider in planning for your baby’s birthday theme. If you have the means and budget, you can consider themes that are hard to find and buy decors that cost a fortune. But if you’re wallet is tight like mine, there are a lot of boy-themed decors on Dollar Stores, Walmart or Amazon. You can use your imagination, DIY and be creative.
- Family Hobby: What does your family love doing best? Do you have any family sports or interest? Dressing up for the party would be fun for the whole family. If you are all into ball games, go for a sports theme party. Or if you love motorcycles or cars, a racing birthday party would be perfect.
- Character or non-character: Character themed parties are based on characters on a tv show, a book or a movie. Party supplies are usually bought from authorized distributor to prevent copyright infringement. On the other hand, non-character themed parties are generic and based on everyday events. You can innovate and create designs out of imagination.
- Ultimate Baby Nursery Items Buying Guide for New Parents
- How to Successfully Breastfeed a Premature Baby During and After NICU
- 8 Great Ways to Handle Toddler’s Bedtime Temper Tantrums
- Common Questions and Tips To Make Stay-at-Home Mom Life Successful
Non-Character Birthday Party Themes for 1 Year Old Boy
Can’t decide your baby boy’s birthday theme party? Here is a list of 50 non-character themes for 1 year old boy’s birthday party.
- Happy BEE-day
- Sports (baseball, basketball, football)
- Arts and Crafts
- One in a Melon
- Donut Grow Up
- ONE Happy Camper
- Jungle Safari Wild ONE
- Construction site
- Teddy Bear or Bear Theme
- Underwater Sea Creatures
- The First Rodeo
- Monochromatic Black and White
- Mr. ONEderful
- Vroom Vintage Racer
- Milk and Cookies
- Candy land
- Zoo animals
- Farm animals
- Owl / Woodland
- Video games
- Solar System
- Secret Agents/Detective
- Winter ONederland
- Lumber jack
- Rubber Ducky
- Monster Truck
Related post: The Ultimate Blippi Birthday Party Roundup Ideas
Believe me, it takes a lot to plan. But when you finally decide what your theme will be, you are one step forward to finishing your checklist. We all want to give the best birthday party to our babies, but what really matters is that we make them happy and celebrate it by all means together as a family.
6 thoughts on “50 Non-Character Birthday Party Themes for 1 Year Old Boy”
I wish I had this list when my kiddo turned one! One in a melon is such a cute idea!
The construction site theme looks like so much fun!
Wow! These birthday themes are great! Planning takes priority for kids birthday! I choose what they are interested at the time of their birthdays as the themes. Always a hit!
These are all cute ideas. There are lots of creative themes. I think we did a jungle theme for my daughter’s first birthday.
I love all of these different themes! They’re perfect.
Those are some cute themes!