Inspirational Quotes and Sayings for Mother To Melt Her Heart
Not everything in the world has a price tag. Sometimes you just have to choose the right words to make your loved ones genuinely happy. Let’s appreciate the woman who selflessly endure childbearing with these inspirational quotes and sayings for mother.
Mother’s day is almost here. We can think of the best gift ideas for them or prepare their favorite meal, and yet, we are out of words trying to tell them how much they are appreciated. Don’t fret. Here is a list of inspirational quotes and sayings for mother she needed to hear on her special day.
You can use these inspirational quotes for mother on Mother’s Day or any other occasions like birthdays, Christmas, Valentine’s day or just when you need other means of saying “thank you” and “I love you.” Perfect for hand-written cards, these quotes are also for your next Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest posts. From Abraham Lincoln to John Wesley, from Oprah to Michelle Obama, this collection of famous quotes for mothers will surely melt their hearts.
Inpirational Quotes For Mom They Needed to Hear
1. “The best academy, a mother’s knee.” – James Russell Lowell
2. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” – George Eliot
3. “However motherhood comes to you, it is a miracle.” – Valerie Harper.
4. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
5. Mothers are like fine collectibles- as the years go by they increase in value.
6. “Mothers, the godly training of your offspring is your first and most pressing duty.” – Charles Spurgeon
7. “A mother’s patience is like a tube of toothpaste- it’s never quite gone.” – Unknown
8. “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” – Theodore Hesburgh
9. “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field since the payment is pure love.” – Mildred Vermont
10. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
11. “As she guided me through these last 18 years, I don’t think she ever realized that the person I most wanted to be was her.” – Rory Gilmore
12. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s” – Princess Diana
Heart Touching Quotes for Moms on Mother’s Day
13. “As a mother, my job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible.” – Ruth Bell Graham
14. “There is a mighty power in a mother’s hand. There’s more power in a woman’s hand than there is in a king’s scepter. And there is a mighty power in a mother’s kiss — inspiration, courage, hope, ambition, in a mother’s kiss.” – Billy Sunday
15. “A mother has, perhaps, the hardest earthly lot; and yet no mother worthy of the name ever gave herself thoroughly for her child who did not feel that, after all, she reaped what she had sown.” – Henry Ward Beecher
16. “Being a king, emperor, or president is mighty small potatoes compared to being a mother.” – Billy Sunday.
17. “Who ran to me when I fell, and would some pretty story tell, or kiss the place to make it well? My mother.” – Jane Taylor
18. “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
19. “Your responsibility as a parent is never great as the case is with the mother.” – Fran Lebowitz
20. “A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.” – Unknown
21. “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.” – Unknown
22. “A mother once asked a clergyman when she should begin the education of her child, which she told him was then four years old. “Madam,” was the reply, “you have lost three years already. From the very first smile that gleams over an infant’s cheek, your opportunity begins.” – Arch. Richard Whately
Beautiful Quotes for Moms to Make Her Smile
23. “My mother’s love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion, her intelligence reflected in my daughters.” – Michelle Obama
24. “The mother’s love is like God’s love; He loves us not because we are lovable , but because it is His nature to love, and because we are His children.” – Earl Riney
25. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Jewish Proverb
26. “Even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay.” – Jojo Moyes
27. “My mother said to me, “If you become a soldier you’ll be a general, if you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.” Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” – Pablo Picasso
28. A little boy’s mother once told him that it is God who makes people good. He looked up and replied, “Yes, I know it is God, but mothers help a lot.”
29. “My mother was the influence in my life. She was strong; she had great faith in the ultimate triumph of justice and hard work. She believed passionately in education.” – John H. Johnson
30. “Successful mothers are not the ones that never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
31. “Motherhood is not about what you gave up to have a child, but what you gained from having one.” – Unknown
32. “Every mother is like Moses. She does not enter the promised land. She prepares a world she will not see.” – Pope Paul VI
33. “A mother is the one who is still there when everyone else has deserted you.” – Unknown
Famous Quotes for Mother On Special Occasions
34. “Through the ages, no nation has had a better friend than the mother who taught her child to pray.” – Unknown
35. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
36. “My mother was the source from which I derived the guiding principle of my life.” – John Wesley
37. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah
38. “Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.” – Ambrose Bierce
39. “I don’t believe there are devils enough in hell to pull a boy out of the arms of a godly mother.” – Billy Sunday
40. “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
41. “Behind every great man, is a great mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
42. “Education commences at the mother’s knee, and every word spoken within hearsay of little children tends toward the formation of character.” – Hosea Ballou
Quotes and Sayings About Becoming a Mother
43. “Simply having children does not make mothers.” – John A. Shedd
44. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln
45. “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, and it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” – Helen Steiner Rice
46. “All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
47. “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
48. “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” – Lin Yutang
49. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” – Michael Jordan
50. “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” -Charley Benetto
51. “Mother means selfless devotion, limitless sacrifice, and love that passes understanding.” – Charles Meigs
52. “Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything.” – C.S. Lewis
53. “Every mother has the breathtaking privilege of sharing with God in the creation of new life. She helps bring into existence a soul that will endure for all eternity.” – James Keller
54. “Motherhood is messy. And challenging. And crazy. And sleepless. And giving. And still unbelievably beautiful.” -Rachel Martin
55. “When people ask me what I do, I always say I am a mother first.” – Jackie Jackson
56. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
57. “Behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begins.” – Mitch Albom
Before I let you go, please check out my other posts about moms:
- 10 Year-Round Gift Ideas for A Boy Mom
- 10 Things First Time Mom to Baby Boy Should Be Prepared Of
- Personalized Gifts for Mom and Mom-to-be on Mother’s Day
- Common Questions and Tips To Make Stay-at-Home Mom Life Successful
Have you picked your best quotes yet? Tell me your favorites or share me your other heartwarming quotes for moms in the comment section. Always remember to find time to tell your mom how much she means to you. ‘Till next time!
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”Ephesians 6:1-3
16 thoughts on “Inspirational Quotes and Sayings for Mother To Melt Her Heart”
I love these so much! Gave me all the feels <3
I love the quote “life doesn’t come with a manual but with a mother”.
These are beautiful quotes! Thanks for sharing
These are all such cute quotes. I especially loved the quote from Sharon Jaynes; it’s a quote that every mom should remember!
Great post! Mother’s day is coming up, and I’ll make sure to tell my mother how much she means to me by using some of these quotes. Thanks for sharing!
I can relate so much to each of these, and yet it seems I didn’t know about this. Exactly what a mother needs to hear. Thanks for the article.
These are truly beautiful quotes. I read a few that should be on a canvas in my home for me to read often as a gentle reminder.
These are such sweet and beautiful sayings. These would be great for Mother’s Day!
My heart has already melted many times over as I went through these quotes… thank you
These is truly beautiful. As a mon I know I would be touched if these were said to me.
These are all lovely quotes about mothers. It is nice to have such lifting words for moms and are so relatable.
Love so many of these quotes! These would be nice to have printed and framed as art.
What a beautiful collection of quotes!
Aww, these are beautiful quotes. It makes me more proud of myself to be a mum.
I love these quotes what a great collection.
So inspiring to read as a mother!